If you’re like most people, you use Amazon a lot. Whether you’re buying things online or in the store, it’s easy to get wrapped up in the convenience of their shopping experience. You probably have a few different billing addresses for different Amazon accounts. Maybe you have an Amazon Prime account with one address and a regular Amazon account with a different address.
Or you have an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account with one address and a personal Amazon account with a different address. Perhaps, you just use the same billing address for all your accounts, and you are looking to change it.
Whatever the case, there are a few different ways to change your billing address on Amazon. You can change it through the website, the Amazon app, or the Amazon Payments app. Whichever way you choose, the process is relatively simple. Don’t worry; this guide will show you how!
Things to Know Before Changing Your Billing Address
- If you’re considering a move, there are a few things to know before you update your billing address on Amazon. Here are the basics:
- You’ll need your current payment and shipping information to make the switch.
- You can change your address on Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, and Amazon.co.uk.
- It may take up to two weeks for your orders to reflect the change.
- If you have a Prime membership, your orders will still ship to your current address.
- If you have a membership with another retailer, like Costco, your orders will still ship to your current address.
- You can’t change your address on Amazon.de or Amazon.fr.
What Are The Pros And Cons of Changing Your Address on Amazon?
Depending on what you’re looking for, there are pros and cons to changing your billing address on Amazon.
Pros of updating your address: improved shipping accuracy, faster processing of orders, and the convenience of having one place to shop.
Cons of address changes: possible delays in shipping and the possibility of not receiving your order if it’s sent to an incorrect address.
If you’re considering updating your address, be sure to do your research first. Amazon allows for address changes without penalty, unlike others who may require you to pay a fee.
Additionally, some products – such as books – may not be eligible for shipment unless the billing address is updated if you are still skeptical about updating your address, contact Amazon support for clarity.
What You Need to Change Your Billing Address on Amazon
If you’re looking to change your billing address on Amazon, here’s what you’ll need:
- Your old billing address,
- A new billing address
- Amazon login details.
And voila, you can now proceed with the next step of changing your amazon address.
How To Change Your Amazon Billing Address on the Amazon App
If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you can easily change your billing address on the Amazon app.
- First, open the Amazon app and sign in. If you don’t have the amazon app on your mobile phone, visit the IOS store or Google Play Store to download it on your Iphone or Android device.
- Tap My Account on the top left and select Orders.
- On the Orders page, under History, tap View Order Details.
- Under Ship-To Address, tap Edit. In the Ship-To Address field, enter your new billing address.
If you don’t have an Amazon Prime account, you can still change your billing address on the Amazon app. Before ordering anything on Amazon, enter your new billing address in the Ship-To Address field.
How to Change Your Amazon Billing Address on the Amazon Website
If you’re anxious about where your Amazon purchases are going, fret not! Here is a simple way to update your billing information on the Amazon website. Follow these simple steps:
1. Log in to your Amazon account.
2. On the left side of the page, click “Your Account.”
3. Under “Your Profile,” click “Manage Payment Options.”
4. Under “Billing Address,” enter the new address you’d like to use. Click “Update” to save your change.
You’re done! Now any future purchases will be sent to the new address.
How To Change Your Amazon Billing Address on the Amazon Pay
1. To access the Amazon Pay dashboard, open the Amazon app on your smartphone and tap on Amazon Pay.
2. Now, click on Payment Options.
3. Under My Accounts, click on Add Account. Enter your name and email address, and then click Next.
4. For Card Type, select Visa or Mastercard. Under Billing Address, enter your new billing address.
5. Click Save Changes.
Does Amazon Verify Billing Address?
You may need to verify your billing address in a variety of situations since Amazon always prioritizes customer security.
You might get an email from Amazon asking you to confirm the billing address of the card you used to pay if you purchase on Amazon using a friend, relative, or coworker’s card.
Now, Amazon is doing this for security reasons to ensure there are no fraudulent transactions.
Amazon may request the following papers from the card owner.
- The Owner’s Full Address
- ID Documentation
- Address Verification (that contains the billing address)
You must submit all of these documents within the period set by Amazon, or your account will be suspended.
Can I Have Different Billing and Shipping Addresses on Amazon?
The billing and shipping addresses on Amazon are separate things, and most users don’t include their shipping addresses.
However, when it comes to billing addresses, once you use your debit card to pay for anything on Amazon, Amazon obtains your location from the card and uses that as your default address for all future payments.
You can update the billing address if you require a completely different address.
Can I Update My Amazon Billing Address After Delivery?
You can edit your billing address after each delivery, but after an item has been sent to Amazon, you won’t be able to do so again.
You may only change your mailing address after the item has been delivered.
If you’ve ever had to change your billing address on Amazon, then you know it can be a hassle. Thankfully, there’s an easier way than just calling customer service and waiting on hold for hours.
If you follow the steps in this guide, you will understand how easy it is to update your billing address using the Amazon website, mobile app, and payment app in just a few minutes.
You should be to change your billing address without contacting customer service.